Common Reading Event
- Join your colleagues at NACADA’s Common Reading Event to discuss research on how first-generation students experience higher education. The discussion will focus on issues presented by Peter Collier and David Morgan, Higher Education 55, 425-446.
- Regardless of your experience, gain a perspective on the value of research and analysis in the field of academic advising. You can even read the piece en route to Orlando!
- Start off the conference by meeting other NACADA members at the Common Reading Event on Monday, October 4 from 5:30-7:00 p.m. in Coronado S/T.
- The 3rd Annual Silent Auction will begin with bids on Sunday, October 3 at 8:30 p.m. and bidding ends on Tuesday, October 5 at noon. Please visit the Silent Auction schedule for more information.
- The 2010 bidding items are plentiful, including a complete set of NACADA journals, a keynote address and/or workshop from several NACADA leaders, various gift bags, and more.
- All proceeds from the auction will be used to fund graduate student scholarships for attending NACADA's events.
- Throughout the conference you will have the opportunity to speak with representatives from other universities, professional organizations, private companies, etc. about what they can offer you and your institution - check out the full list of registered exhibitors.
- Stop by exhibit area in Veracruz C on the following dates: Sunday, October 3 from 8:30 a.m-10:00 p.m., Monday, October 4 from 8:30 a.m.-noon and 1:30-4:30 p.m., and Tuesday, October 5 from 8:30 a.m.-noon and 1:30-3:00 p.m.
- NACADA members have the chance to earn a DOOR PRIZE when they enter the exhibit area - prizes include Amazon and Barnes and Noble gift cards, an iPod Nano, NACADA monographs, DVDs, books, and many others!